How many times each day does someone say to you, or you say to someone else, “have a good day”? In fact, this expression is so common that you may neglect to ask yourself if, indeed, you are truly having a good day.
Following are some tips that will ensure that “have a good day” becomes a reality and not simply a trite expression you exchange with others.
1. Focus on your successes- Maintain a positive view of life by reminding yourself of your achievements. The smallest gestures often lead to great accomplishments. For example, if you awaken when your alarm sounds, you may reward yourself for being punctual. One success builds upon another, and you begin to view yourself as a successful person.
2. Cheerlead yourself – Talk to yourself as if you believe you are capable. Reward yourself with words of praise and keep your thoughts focused on each task as you perform it.
3. Become a good problem solver-Stay focused on one task at a time as you go through your day. Develop a sense of accomplishment by completing each task to the best of your ability and rewarding your efforts.
4. Be a risk-taker- Try something new or do the same task in a different way. This will teach you to be flexible and increase you confidence in your ability to tackle new challenges.
5. Think positively-Remember that you have a choice about what you think about yourself. Choose to think positively about yourself one more time than you choose the negative thoughts. If you practice this, over time you will create a positive self-image.
If you follow these guidelines, “have a good day” will be much more than a cliché. Think positively, feel good about yourself, and have a good day!